Professionals working in the sports industry, whether they are athletes or coaches, marketing pros and managers have to rely on technology to assist them in improving their performance. This is especially true in the area of communications. You can’t always be where you want to be, but with top-notch video conferencing software and services, you can be everywhere you need to be. Let’s take a look at the premium suites available to you at the click of a button.
- Supports up to 1,000 participants
- Public and private chat
- Desktop and Application sharing
- Publish Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint files with a single click
- Pass control to multiple presenters
- No reservations required
- File transfers, instant polling for feedback, web-based access (supports both Mac and PC)
- Password protected and Firewall friendly
One of the leaders in the industry, Infinite prides itself in providing first-class support and conferencing services that are second to none. It utilises the industry’s cutting edge technologies to furnish customers with solutions to fit their specific needs. Its core suite of services includes audio conferencing, web conferencing, webcasting and virtual events. What sets Infinite apart from many other competitors, is its ability to bring a quality service, once reserved for only the largest of corporations, to small and medium-sized organisations.
With personalised service, Infinite guarantees 99.9 per cent uptime with the most reliable global conferencing infrastructure through BT Conferencing. Its customer service is 24/7 and US-based. The true heart of this company, however, is its powerful web conferencing tools, which are 100 per cent scalable, secure and customisable to fit your specific needs. Doesn’t matter if it’s a sales call, a team meeting or instruction session, product development or a private presentation, Infinite’s platform will connect you to the world.
Another powerful solution for your communication needs is InterCall, providing both small business and enterprise services. With more than 2 million users world-wide, InterCall is the world’s largest conferencing provider and trusted by over 80 per cent of Fortune 100 companies. The services are divided into three categories: Conference Calls, Online Meetings and Office 365.
- Conference Calls: Host weekly team status calls, talk with clients or customers across the country. No matter what you use conference calls for, having clear, uninterrupted audio service is the foundation of any communication package. InterCall provides both an Unlimited Plan and a Pay per Use option. With Unlimited, you can host as many calls as you need to for a single, low-cost, monthly fee. The plans on offer range from 10 to 20 participants at a time, for only $39 a month. If you don’t have a need for group calls, you can simply pay as you need to — InterCall doesn’t require a monthly commitment or fee.
- Online Meetings: When the presentations need to be powerful and visual, you will want to host an online meeting. The power of this tool is the ability to meet with clients and customers remotely and still provide a dynamic visual presence. You can walk through websites, share files, or present your latest PowerPoint creation. Again, InterCall provides the Unlimited and Pay per Use plans. Unlimited allows you to start hosting meetings with up to 20 participants, for a monthly fee of $42. The good news is your audio plan is integrated with your meeting package.
- Office 365: Developed to be an all-in-one productivity suite; extra features are included with this tier of service, such as instant messaging, email filtering and exchange, phone support for growth beyond 50 users and directory synchronisation.
InterCall is a veteran of the industry, providing reliable service for the past 20 years, saving its clients both time and money.
For those who aren’t tech savvy but want the best of both worlds — ease of use and powerful tools — there’s ClickMeeting. Though it provides both audio and video conferencing and full desktop sharing, the company also provides both moderated and private chat services. In fact, ClickMeeting has developed its platform to work with social tools we already use daily. Microsoft Office is a standard for most platforms, but ClickMeeting adds Adobe, Google Calendar, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr and iCal. In fact, the company has created an AppCenter — so if it doesn’t already integrate an application you prefer to use, you can develop one yourself.
- Audio/Video Conferencing: Connect via phone or VOIP, using any browser and conduct a face-to-face meeting at will. It doesn’t matter where they are, you can carry on with business as if you were there.
- Meeting Room Rebranding: This is about impressions, isn’t it? That means you need your brand to stand out and be noticed. You can add logos, colors, graphics and more to both the Waiting and Meeting Room. Everyone’s going to think you have paid a fortune for custom designs!
- Full Desktop Control and Sharing: You can present, collaborate, cooperate, share documents or hand over control to another presenter with the click of a button.
- Both Moderated and Private Chat: We all learn at different speeds, and there are times when a presentation can be misinterpreted. That’s why ClickMeeting provides a chat feature to provide side conversations to clear up any misunderstandings.
- Simultaneous Chat Translation: Thanks to Google translation and ClickMeeting’s dynamic platform, you can utilise translation features in real-time conversations. Just choose the language from the list of 52 provided and start bridging the gap with potential clients all around the world.
As you can see, technology has come a long was from just laptops and cell phones. There are tools available for any aspect of your business; platforms that allow you to extend your influence around the world, without ever leaving your office. The best news is, as technology continues to be developed, the more economic these options become. For the very first time, small business owners and professionals have the tools to compete on a global scale.
It’s important to point out that these are not the only services available in the industry. Depending upon your particular needs, you may want to consider one of the following options:
- Adobe Connect: A web conferencing platform.
- MegaMeeting: For webinars, video conferencing and more.
- WeConCentral: Teleconferencing with a free trial.
- Skype: A VOIP service with free video calling
- GoToMeeting: One of the older companies, powerful features and decent pricing.
Have questions, thoughts or feedback? Make sure you leave us a comment below and share your personal experiences.