IT giant Microsoft’s recent move to turn its world-renowned email service Hotmail into outlook.com has bagged a lot of accolades. The 16-year-old email service is being overhauled and being given this new name, the look of which had got a thumbs up from users. The email service is also being revamped with a lot of advanced and useful features.
Microsoft is known to make such crucial moves quite often, this being one of them. It is soon going to launch the latest version of Windows, Windows 8.
Hotmail is quite popular as an email service across the world. ComScore Inc. reveals that its user base extends to some 325 million users. However, users in the USA prefer Gmail over Hotmail. But probably this is the only country where Hotmail is not so dominant.
Lean and clean
- The appearance of the Outlook email service is also much clearer and cleaner than Hotmail. Larger fonts are easier to be read and also the already installed animations will enthrall you while you send emails to your friends. The time taken to send emails has also been reduced to a great extent.
- Outlook simplifies the complicated task of managing the email account. For instance, it offers single click timely cleanups of the emails, which was not possible in Hotmail. You can also very easily unsubscribe newsletters and also very quickly sort latest and the old emails.
- Outlook also gives you the flexibility of using the social networking websites like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. The best part is that you can convert your already existing @hotmail.com address into @outlook.com address or you can even continue using the existing @hotmail.com address.
- Outlook is a very user friendly email service and does not face the many technology related hurdles like Hotmail did, and thus offers its users a simpler and faster email service experience.
- However, there are a few drawbacks that Microsoft still has to fix. For example, not all the contacts appear with profile pictures. Thus, it will still take time to give its users a hassle free and fast email service experience.
However, Hotmail users like the new Outlook and are dumbstruck with the additional features. They are enjoying the advanced email service experience and are looking forward to an even more advanced version of Outlook.