Gone are the days when people had to rely on physical backups with those clunky and big hard drives. In fact, it had been a real pain. Not only were the hard drives big, but they were also very costly and slow. Luckily, the situation has changed, thanks to cloud computing. Storage space is becoming very cheap with the help of cloud storage technology which are damn fast. The best thing about cloud storage and computing is that you do not need physical space any longer to store your critical data. This effective backup technology is real boon to small businesses which cannot afford huge amount of money for storing their data. Small businesses are always searching for ways to save resources and space while also making sure that their data files always accessible — and that’s why more small businesses are looking at cloud data backup services. Listed below are the reasons for why cloud backup is important for small businesses.
- Cost-effective: Price of cloud storage is always less than establishing your own IT infrastructure. However, it is better to make an actual price comparison for maintaining your own infrastructure versus using cloud storage space.
- Enhances online storage security: Storage Security is very important for small enterprises. You expose yourself to data theft when doing backups locally — particularly when you are a small business and cannot afford 24/7 security guards. You will need to know about the high-security standards that cloud backup services employ. Often times, storing your data online is less expensive plus more secure than storing it within your business office.
- Is scalable: As your company grows, data back-up services make you to buy extra storage volume. On the other hand, storing data on your own company’s servers typically implies that you have to maintain a lot of additional capacity in your data storage devices. Since, Cloud backup is scalable; you can store a huge amount of data without buying any extra storage capacity.
- Offers more protection: When done properly, cloud backup provides more protection than saving data in your company’s servers. Off-site storage at a remote site in the cloud prevents threat associated with a local disaster such as a flood, fire or theft.
- Is reliable: Cloud storage option minimises frequent problems associated with conventional tape back-up methods such as manual error as well as media failure, making sure that your data is recoverable whenever you need it.
- Provides fast file restore: Being a rapid and trusted recovery option, cloud data backup keeps your small business investments more productive.
- Easy synchronisation: For small businesses, cloud backup storage has completely changed the way of data sharing. It enables users to store files and other documents quickly, easily and allows collaboration within a team.
There are many cloud storage services available in the market to choose. Do not wait until the day disaster strikes to find out that your back-up plans have gone down the wrong path. Switch to cloud backup right now and save your files with high security.