Castle is back.
That’s right, Episode 1 of the fourth Season of Castle aired on September 19th. Now all you Castle aficionados must know that Castle is in a very critical juncture right now. Montgomery died. Beckett got shot. Let me repeat that. Beckett got shot.
And Season 4 picked off beautifully with a battle to save Beckett’s life that even had me cringing in fear.
Well, I won’t be writing at length about the entire episode. I’ll just jot down a couple of bullet points – which I’m pretty sure you’ll be agreeing with when you watch the episode. Here goes:
- Beckett has officially started losing it. I wouldn’t blame her. Now one can be the same after getting sniped millimetres from the heart. She’s now obsessed with solving her own attempted murder. Obviously, Montgomery’s replacement “Iron” Gates doesn’t like that. And with reason. Becky’s convinced that every accident that occurred around the time of her mother’s murders were linked to her mother’s murder.
- Castle has bulked up. You can see the lines on his face, the strain of going through all the mental torture of watching your best friend — no, make that your better half — almost die in front of your eyes.
- You’ll also know one thing. Watch Season 1 Episode 1 once. Then watch Season 4 Episode 1. See it? Castle is not fun and games anymore. It’s not about banter between one handsome, cool gentleman and one spunky girl-cop anymore. Castle is now serious. It’s very mature. It’s not kiddie stuff anymore. It’s finally got the depth. It has graduated. Welcome to the big time, Castle.
- But even with all this upheaval of emotions — sometimes stronger than quite a number of emotionally heavy films, I must say — Castle still manages to leave a smile on your face when the episode finishes. Its 40 minutes well spent.
Now for the questions.
- Who shot Beckett?
- Didn’t Montgomery end all the trouble? Then why did someone shoot Beckett?
- Why did Beckett lie about not remembering anything?
- Who was that guy, who received the package from Montgomery, and called Castle?
- Was the fire at the warehouse really accidental?
- And what earth-shattering thing did Beckett’s mother uncover, that led to an operation of such gigantic proportions, to kill anybody who knew anything?
- And and how old is Molly Quinn now? She looks pretty dateable, for me… heh heh heh ;-)
Watch it. And comment below. That’s an order.